« Home | "Nobles ghosts" of Villa Bessarione » | Souls of the church "Sacro Cuore del Suffragio" » | Spirits of Via dei cessati spiriti » | The mistery of villa Stuart » | Villa Manzoni » | The tabernacle of "Torre della Scimmia" » | The church of S. Maria in Via » | Legend about the Colosseum » | The Holy Stairs (la Scala Santa) » | A different tour of Rome » 

venerdì, giugno 03, 2005 

The ghost of Umberto I


I've already told you about "nobles" ghosts. This is the story of a particular one. We are in 30's in front of the Pantheon. Once a temple of Rome, then a church, now (it is still a church) it is a sacrarium of kings of Italy: for example there is the grave of Umberto I of Savoia, killed in the 1900 in Monza. His ghost is usual to appear around the monument and this is the same spirit of our story. As I told, we are in 30's and the ghost of the King Umberto I appeared to a guard telling to him a very important political message, but it remained secret. The trial is that the King left his "flaming" mark on the sleeve of the scared guard. For more informations post me a comment. Dblk.