« Home | The rival of Jesus: Mithra » | The ghost of Donna Olimpia (1592-1657) » | The ghost of Luca de Marchettis » | Living miracles in Rome » | Mistery of an island: Isola Tiberina » | La fontana del facchino (fountain of the porter) » | The Lapis Niger » | A famous Saint of Rome: Alessio » | The walnut tree of Nero » | Castel Sant'Angelo » 

domenica, ottobre 23, 2005 

The basilica of Saint Paul

The church of San Paolo fuori le Mura was consecrated in the 324 by Pope Silvestro with the will of Emperor Costantine; here there is buried the body of Saint Paul. In this basilica you can see a series of images (icons) of popes, 266 exactly; but here there are still some empty spaces, that will be filled with the faces of future popes. So, there are still 28 empty spaces and a legend tells that when them will be stuffed, there will be the end of the world. For more, post me. Dblk

I found your blog on Amber's site.
You're doing a great job!!
Comments and photos look SO brilliant!!
I've once been to Rome. I liked Rome. It's such a nice place.
I'm missing it...
~Peach

You posted on my blog once, and I looked at your again. I really like what you are doing with this blog. I will need to spend some time reading all the posts I missed.

You should do something about the oldest gelatto shop in Rome - I think it was called Fasse?

Some priest friends took me there once, and it was great.

Hello, again! Ciao!
My tomato sauce's label says "sugo ....". That makes sense! It means sauce of something! Oh, Grazie!
Sorry my writing wasn't clear. I mean I travelled to Rome one time...but I wish I could live there.
I liked Pizza Navona! Your blog reminded me of my happy trip.
My book has a simple map of Rome. Tiberina Island, Santa Maria del Popolo...your blog shows me most of the high-lights. * Sugoi *
I enjoyed strolling in your blog.
~Peach

Posta un commento