« Home | The ghost of the Campidoglio » | Miraculous icons: le madonnelle » | Eating in Rome » | Why Piazza del Gesù is so windy » | The basilica of Saint Paul » | The rival of Jesus: Mithra » | The ghost of Donna Olimpia (1592-1657) » | The ghost of Luca de Marchettis » | Living miracles in Rome » | Mistery of an island: Isola Tiberina » 

domenica, dicembre 04, 2005 

Superstitions

Rome is a city full of superstitions and legends as you can see reading this blog. Some derives from the religious faith others from the popular one. Here are some of them. If you see a priest or a white horse when you are just got out from your house, it takes a lot of luck and, especially if you see a hunch-backed with two humps, everything in your day will be fine (moreover you have to touch the hump of him); but if he has just one hump you will be unlucky. To avoid the plight you have to make the horns with your hand (in particular with the forefinger and the little finger). If you want to be lucky, you have just to put a nut or a hazelnut or a chestnut in your pockets; instead if you want to take a little bit of fortune in your house just try to find a lizard with three tails (but it's very difficult to discover one of them) and take it alive in your habitation; another tradition to become lucky is to put a shoe (especially if you find one of them in the street) behind the door. A last thing: once you hear the Ave Maria (it's a ring of the bell of a church that remembers to pray at 6:00 pm) don't sweep because if you do it with the dust you will erase the fortune too. For more, post me. Dblk

I really like this kind of stories.
Ok, I'll put a nut on in my pocket...and eat it when I'm hungry:D!
You know? Chinese traditonal "feng-shui" ,that tells how to be lucky , is one of my interests.

Anyway, your picter lookes incredible!! Did you take it in the late night? I love it! Good job as always!

I wish "fortune smiles on both of us!"
Ciao! Mata aimashou:)
~Peach

I've just read your comment. I'll keep it up! Thanks, Dblk!

I love Piazza Navona!! Actually, it's one of the most favorite places in Rome!!

By the way, have you read Dan Brown's novel called"Angeles and Demons"?
Some places in Rome appeared in this book as places where muder was commited. e.g. Santa Maria del Popolo, Santa Maria della Vittoria etc.
I'm wondering whether these places look that creepy or look peaceful?
If possible, I'd like to hear about it from you:)
~Peach

Posta un commento